WELCOME TO SOFT AND SMART MATERIALS LABORATORY
The Soft and Smart Materials group is studying in the area of polymer based soft materials (hydrogels and elastomers), colloids and nanomaterials, nano- biocomposite, self-assemble system, conducting and semiconducting materials, photo-chemistry, click Chemistry, application of synthesized smart materials into sensor, energy and environmental remedy. The group is led by Dr. Abu Bin Imran. Dr. Imran is a Professor in the Department of Chemistry, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh. He completed his Doctor of Engineering degree from the Department of Molecular Design and Engineering of Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan, under the supervision of Professor Yukikazu Takeoka, in 2009. Dr. Imran then worked as a as a Researcher in New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) project, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan, until October 2011. He also served as a Designated Assistant professor at Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan. Dr. Imran successfully completed Fulbright fellowship in the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Rice University, USA in 2021 from the Department of State, USA. He also worked as a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Department of Chemistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA in 2022. He received the Material Backcasting Technology (MBT) center research encouragement award in 2010 and Bayer Science and Education Foundation Fellowship, Bayer group, Germany in 2013. He is the author of peer-reviewed articles, communications, proceedings, and book chapters in different high-impact journals/publishers including Nature Communications, Science Advances, Chemical Communications, Macromolecules, and so on. He edited a book entitled “Innovations in Nanomaterials” which was published by Nova Science Publishers, Inc, USA. The SSML seek and welcome highly-motivated students interested in our research! The postgraduate students, researchers, faculties are requested to contact with Dr. Imran (email@example.com) to explore research opportunities.
- #topdownloadedarticle in Food Science and Nutrition Journal@Wiley
- Congratulations! Md. Kausar Ahmed from SSML group received the academic excellence award 2020-2022
- রুটি, পাউরুটি ও বেকারি খাদ্যে ক্ষতিকর পটাশিয়াম ব্রোমেট ও পটাশিয়াম আয়োডেট এর ব্যবহার নিষিদ্ধ সম্পর্কে জরুরী সতর্কীকরণ বিজ্ঞপ্তি
- BBC report on the action by Bangladesh Food Safety Authority against using harmful ingredients in bread.
- ক্যানসারের ঝুঁকি।। মান নিয়ন্ত্রণের তাগিদ Independent television report
- Harmful ingredients in bread, Daily Prothom Alo.
- Connect with Fulbright visiting Scholar Abu Bin Imran
- The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS), Trieste, Italy a program of UNESCO has showcased the project led by Dr. Abu Bin Imran (16-157 RG/CHE/AS_I, 2016-2018).
- জাতীয় শিক্ষাক্রম রূপরেখা-২০২০ নিয়ে বিডি স্টেম ফাউন্ডেশন প্রস্তাবনা
- Congratulations to Shyala Chowdhury winner of the first ever 3MT competition at BUET. All members of SSML is proud of you!
Stay In Touch
Subscribe to our research group and Get all updates via E-mail